The newest Portobello Road spirit is a savory gin that was created for foodies and restauranteurs, and it's intended to be consumed as an alternative to wine or as an aperitif. The sugar-free Portobello Road Savoury Gin is the counterpart to sweet, fruity and pink-flavored expressions that are made without traditional gin botanicals like juniper.
The product is made with Mediterranean botanicals like Calabrian bergamot peel, green gordal olives from Seville, rosemary and sea salt. The savory gin is the seventh addition to Portobello Road’s core collection and creating the perfect serve calls for pairing it with Fever-Tree Mediterranean Tonic Water and garnishing the cocktail with a slice of lemon and a sprig of rosemary.
The Portobello Road Savoury Gin Rebels Against Sweet Flavors
1. Savory Spirits - The rise of savory spirits creates opportunities for distillers to use unique botanicals and flavor combinations to attract foodie consumers.
2. Alternative Aperitifs - Consumers seeking non-sweet alternatives to wine create demand for innovative aperitifs such as savory gin and other unique spirits.
3. Herbal Cocktails - The trend towards using herbs and botanicals in cocktails creates opportunities for bars and mixologists to experiment and create unique flavor profiles.
1. Craft Distilling - Small batch distillers can innovate and experiment with unique botanical combinations to create exciting savory spirits and capture the attention of foodie consumers.
2. Gourmet Food & Beverage - Specialty food and beverage brands can market savory gin as an alternative to wine and create innovative cocktails pairing the spirit with complementary foods.
3. Bar & Restaurant Industry - Bars and restaurants can add unique savory cocktails to their menus to appeal to foodier customers and differentiate themselves from competitors.