The Sand Light is made out of a new material stemming from a natural resource that the earth has in abundance. Using grains of sand and traditional ceramic techniques, it takes on a smooth yet grainy aesthetic that adds a chic touch of texture in the home. Ephemeral in essence, the Sand Light will crumble back into its original form once its lifecycle is seen through.
Designed by alien and monkey, a design studio based in Barcelona, Spain, the Sand Light might have a short life span, but it makes the most of its time before its end. In fact, people will appreciate the environmentally conscious element that the Sand Light lives by. Available in two colors, black and brown, the Sand Light takes on a soft cube form that can be strung in groups.
The Sand Light by Alien and Monkey is Made Using Traditional Ceramic Techniques
1. Natural Material Lighting - Exploring new materials from abundant natural resources to create unique lighting designs.
2. Texture and Aesthetic - Incorporating grainy textures into home lighting designs for a chic and visually interesting touch.
3. Environmentally Conscious Design - Creating products with short lifespans that utilize sustainable materials and production techniques.
1. Lighting Design - The lighting design industry can leverage natural materials and unique textures to create innovative and aesthetically pleasing products.
2. Ceramics - The ceramics industry can explore new techniques and materials, such as incorporating sand and grainy textures, to create visually appealing and environmentally conscious products.
3. Home Decor - The home decor industry can incorporate environmentally conscious designs with trendy and textured lighting options to meet consumer demand for sustainable and visually unique products.