Designed by Beatric Bellassi, the 'BooM' salt and sugar packaging utilizes the characteristics of the product to tell a story through the design of the pack.
Each pouch of sugar or salt features a see-through window that allows the product within to be seen. This is utilized to create an image of the sun or moon complete with a pair of animal friends in a natural setting. What's created is a package that is focused on delivering a narrative rather than just a simple product to the consumer.
Consumers are becoming more discerning of the products they buy at the mall and in the grocery store more than ever. As such, brands are constantly rethinking how to garner attention and satisfy preferences that go beyond the product. The 'BooM' salt and sugar packaging identifies how an ordinary product can be rethought to be fun, interactive and narrative-focused.
The 'BooM' Salt and Sugar Packaging Creates a Narrative
1. Narrative-focused Packaging - The 'BooM' salt and sugar packaging demonstrates the trend of using packaging design to tell a story and create an interactive experience for consumers.
2. Product Visualization Packaging - The see-through window in the 'BooM' salt and sugar packaging reflects the trend of incorporating product visualization to enhance consumer engagement and transparency.
3. Consumer-centric Packaging - The 'BooM' salt and sugar packaging exemplifies the trend of brands rethinking packaging to meet the evolving preferences and desires of discerning consumers.
1. Food Packaging - The 'BooM' salt and sugar packaging presents an opportunity to disrupt the traditional food packaging industry by incorporating narrative-driven design and product visualization.
2. Consumer Goods - The 'BooM' salt and sugar packaging showcases the potential for disruptive innovation within the consumer goods industry by focusing on creating an interactive and engaging packaging experience.
3. Retail - The 'BooM' salt and sugar packaging suggests that retail brands can utilize inventive packaging strategies, such as narrative-focused design, to stand out on store shelves and attract discerning consumers.