Lucozade Sport is rolling out recycled plastic bottle packaging in the UK to help reduce its usage of virgin materials and provide enhanced peace of mind for shoppers. The new packaging initiative will also feature a design label that clearly indicates how to recycle it after use to ensure it gets back into the recycling system. The move is reported to save 3,400 tonnes of plastic from being produced on an annual basis.
Sales Director at SBF GB&I Alpesh Mistry spoke on the new Lucozade Sport recycled plastic bottle packaging saying, "We know our shoppers want to do their bit for the environment and from the end of this year they will be able to buy a bottle of Lucozade Sport knowing that if recycled, it can be turned back into another bottle. This is the kind of circularity we’re striving for as we Grow for Good and I hope retailers get behind us in our mission to recycle."
Lucozade Sport is Rolling Out Recycled Plastic Bottle Packaging
1. Recycled Packaging - The trend of recycled packaging becomes more popular, creating opportunities for companies to reduce their environmental impact while providing peace of mind to customers.
2. Circular Economy - The circular economy trend continues to grow as companies strive for sustainability and to reduce waste by designing products that can be recycled and reused.
3. Clear Recycling Instructions - Clear recycling instructions on packaging become increasingly important to educate and encourage customers to recycle properly, presenting an opportunity for companies to improve sustainability practices.
1. Beverage Industry - The beverage industry can adopt recycled packaging to reduce plastic usage and improve sustainability practices, ultimately benefiting the environment and consumer perception.
2. Consumer Goods Industry - The consumer goods industry can create opportunities for sustainable innovation by implementing circular economy principles and designing products that can be recycled or repurposed.
3. Retail Industry - The retail industry can support sustainable packaging initiatives by stocking and promoting recycled packaging products, educating customers on proper recycling procedures, and driving demand for eco-friendly products.