There's no question that the 'Harry Potter' franchise has been on of the most influential of the past decade and a half, and the new Quidditch Premier League is a testament to that. The Quidditch Premier League, or QPL, is a national sports league in the UK set to start play in summer of 2017. The catch of the league, however, is that it's based on Quidditch -- the magical sport from JK Rowling's franchise.
The QPL will consists of 8 teams, each of which will represent a geographical region of the UK. Players from the respective regions will be free to attend tryouts for those teams.
Though the Quidditch Premier League will be the first national league in the UK, it is not actually the first national quidditch league in the world. That honor goes to 'Major League Quidditch,' a league in the US.
'Quidditch Premier League' will be the Top UK Tier for the Game
1. Virtual Sports Leagues - The rise of virtual sports leagues that cater to fans of fantasy and fictional sports such as Quidditch.
2. Fan Culture - The convergence of fandom and sports will increase as fan culture dominates sports entertainment.
3. Innovative Sports Branding - Opportunities for sports brands to create unique identities and branding strategies for imaginary sports franchises.
1. Sports Entertainment - Sports entertainment companies can capitalize on the growing interest in alternative and virtual sports.
2. Sports Apparel - Sports apparel brands can create merchandise for fictional teams and leagues like the QPL.
3. Event Management - Event management companies can offer their services in organizing and producing tournaments and competitions for virtual and fantasy sports leagues.