The Canadian Premier League works in collaboration with Electronic Arts Inc to introduce the first-ever eCanadian Premier League Tournament. Canadian competitors now have the opportunity to represent their favorite club in the world of competitive eSports. All eight clubs are represented in the tournament and the Final games will take place on May 9th in Toronto -- it will be broadcast live on both Twitch and OneSoccer.
Notably, this launch marks a milestone as the inaugural Canadian league in the EA SPORTS™ FIFA 20 Global Series. FIFA Competitive Gaming Deputy Commissioner, Sam Turkbas states, "We look forward to reaching Canadian competitors and fans around the world through esports with the EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series and eCPL League.”
Image Credit: Canadian Premier League
The eCanadian Premier League Joins the EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series
1. Esports Tournaments - The inaugural eCanadian Premier League Tournament showcases the growing trend of competitive gaming, providing opportunities for gamers to represent their favorite clubs.
2. Global Competitive Gaming - The EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series fosters global competition, allowing players from different countries to showcase their skills, creating opportunities for global partnerships and sponsorships.
3. Streaming and Broadcasting - The live broadcasting of the eCanadian Premier League Tournament on platforms like Twitch expands the reach and engagement of competitive eSports, offering opportunities for advertisers to target a highly engaged audience.
1. Gaming and Esports - The growth of eSports tournaments like the eCanadian Premier League presents disruptive innovation opportunities for gaming companies to develop new games, platforms, and technologies that cater to the competitive gaming market.
2. Sports and Entertainment - The integration of competitive eSports into traditional sports leagues creates opportunities for sports organizations to expand their reach and engage with a new audience through partnerships and collaborations with eSports tournaments.
3. Streaming and Broadcasting - With the rise of live streaming platforms like Twitch, there are disruptive innovation opportunities for streaming services, advertisers, and content creators to cater to the growing demand for eSports content and reach a highly engaged audience.