In a bid to create sustainable buildings and more eco-friendly living spaces, a design group from Hong Kong has come up with fake solar-powered, puzzle-piece grass that would be installed on the roof of every building providing renewable energy to the inhabitants below.
The puzzle-piece grass looks and feels exactly like real grass and the puzzle-piece way in which it fits together allows enough room for real grass to grow through.
Implications - Consumers are constantly looking for ways to stay green-friendly. Products that feature an environmental aspect are appealing to those who don't want to sacrifice their lifestyles. Companies trying to increase their appeal could focus on this when coming out with their newest designs.
Puzzle-Piece Grass Could Be the Future of Eco Architecture
1. Sustainable Buildings - Opportunity for design groups to innovate and create eco-friendly living spaces that integrate renewable energy sources.
2. Fake Solar-powered Grass - Potential for companies to develop and market fake solar-powered grass that mimics the appearance of real grass and generates renewable energy.
3. Puzzle-piece Design - Designers can explore the puzzle-piece concept to develop modular and adaptable systems in various industries.
1. Architecture - Architects can incorporate puzzle-piece grass and other sustainable materials to create environmentally friendly buildings.
2. Renewable Energy - Companies in the renewable energy sector can explore the development of fake solar-powered grass as a viable energy source.
3. Manufacturing - Manufacturers can explore the puzzle-piece design concept to create modular products and systems that can be easily assembled and customized.