A series of ads for Prudence Condoms called ‘Sex Code’ encourages people to have more intercourse with suggestive QR codes. The scannable codes were formed in such a way that the squares make up silhouettes of sex positions. As soon as someone scans the ad, the link leads to a cheeky page that tells people to “Have more sex, scan less QR codes.” Along with the text is another sexually suggestive silhouette.
Brazilian ad agency Z+ created the ads to get people curious about the codes. According to the agency, the suggestive images imply that the QR code might lead to “some free porn.” The frisky codes were placed in front of urinals in washrooms. As a result, people could take a good long look at the ad and notice the strangely arranged squares.
A Prudence Condoms Campaign Peaks Curiosity with Suggestive QR Codes
1. Sexually Suggestive QR Codes - The integration of sex positions and QR codes challenges industry perceptions of using provocative advertising methods.
2. Interactive Advertising - The use of QR codes for interactive advertising opens up opportunities for engagement and creativity in marketing campaigns.
3. Location-based Marketing - QR codes placed in urinals in washrooms demonstrate the potential for targeted, location-based marketing strategies.
1. Contraceptives - The use of provocative advertising and interactive QR codes can help companies in the contraceptives industry differentiate themselves and connect with their target audience more effectively.
2. Advertising and Marketing Agencies - The use of unconventional advertising methods like sexually suggestive QR codes can set agencies apart by showing their creativity and innovative approach to marketing campaigns.
3. Restaurants and Bars - Location-based marketing tactics like QR codes on menus or table tents can help restaurants and bars drive traffic, increase engagement, and ultimately boost revenue.