'Pointblank._' is a London pop-up that recently opened its doors to showcase its latest collection, 'Dive in.'
The collection features a poolside theme, consisting of bathing suits and cover-ups that elicit a whimsical and stylishly offbeat vibe. The decor inside the store maintains a similar vibe, having been designed with cheap materials, like oilcloth and bright blue rubble sacks. The floor and half of the wall features the blue material, creating the illusion that the clothes are floating in mid-air.
The brand is described as a “design collective that creates fun projects in a multidisciplinary approach,” and extended this philosophy to the store's decor, as well as its products. Through using these cheap and temporary materials, the designers were able to create an exciting environment that worked in harmony with the week long pop-up's budget.
'Pointblank._' Designed Its Pop-Up Using Oilcloth and Rubble Sacks
1. Temporary Pop-up Design - Opportunity to create innovative and budget-friendly pop-up stores using cheap and temporary materials.
2. Whimsical Store Decor - Advantage of using unconventional and offbeat materials to create a unique and engaging store environment.
3. Multi-disciplinary Approach - Potential for integrating various disciplines in design projects to create fun and exciting experiences.
1. Fashion Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity for fashion retailers to experiment with cost-effective pop-up store designs that complement their brand.
2. Event Planning - Advantage of incorporating whimsical and temporary decor elements in event planning to enhance the overall experience.
3. Interior Design - Opportunity for interior designers to explore unconventional materials and concepts in creating unique and budget-friendly spaces.