The new Pocky flavor boasts hints of 'Amazake' — which translates from Japanese to 'sweet sake.' The tasty offering is the result of a partnership between the beloved snack brand and Tokyo Port Brewery.
Amazake contains little to no alcohol and it is a popular drink during the colder months. In recent months, it has been gaining traction as "a health beverage."
As a result, the latest Pocky flavor addition is "steeped in tradition and history." The taste and the aroma are identified as being "mellow" which is ideal for those who prefer a light pick-me-up in the middle of their day. The product will be released on February 1st across stores in Tokyo and it will serve as an effective endorsement for the Tokyo Port Brewery.
This Pocky Flavor is Developed in Partnership with Tokyo Port
1. Sake-inspired Snacks - Opportunity to develop more snacks and food products inspired by the flavors of sake.
2. Health Beverage Trend - Opportunity to capitalize on the growing popularity of health beverages like amazake.
3. Traditional and Mellow Flavors - Opportunity to create products that offer mellow flavors and endorse the tradition and history behind them.
1. Snack Industry - Opportunity for snack companies to tap into the trend of sake-inspired flavors and develop new offerings.
2. Beverage Industry - Opportunity for beverage companies to create and promote health beverages like amazake.
3. Food and Flavor Industry - Opportunity for companies in the food and flavor industry to explore traditional and mellow flavors and incorporate them into their products.