Over the last few years, rising interests in plant-based eating has driven brands to create a variety of meatless products, including plant-based bacon alternatives, most of which are ready to be crisped on the stovetop. Muscle Food sets itself apart by offering a make-your-own vegan bacon kit using peeled parsnip slices. The brand's Crispy Facon Kit includes all of the essentials for making the bacon substitute, including a savory marinade of liquid smoke, yeast, garlic, soy sauce and black pepper. All of the ingredients in the kit are natural and free from artificial colors and preservatives.
According to Muscle Food, the DIY meat-free kit is the first of its kind in the UK and the finished product is "undeniably 'meaty'."
Image Credit: Muscle Food
Muscle Food's 'Crispy Facon' Kit Makes a Plant-Based Bacon Alternative
1. Plant-based Bacon Alternatives - Opportunity for brands to develop innovative plant-based substitutes for bacon.
2. DIY Food Kits - Potential for businesses to create DIY kits for making alternative food products at home.
3. Natural Ingredients and Preservatives-free Products - Demand for natural and preservatives-free food products offers room for disruptive innovation.
1. Food Manufacturing - Food manufacturers can explore the production of plant-based bacon alternatives and DIY food kits.
2. Health Food - The health food industry can capitalize on the demand for natural, preservatives-free products.
3. Tech-enabled Home Cooking - Opportunity for companies to develop tech-enabled solutions for DIY food kits and alternative cooking methods.