Pepa Prieto renders highly adorable character studies. The artist favors a sunny look and a somewhat surreal composition style with a frequently geometric motif. Her works are often mixed media, but at times she paints wooden panels or skillfully illustrates with ink on paper. The works use simple lines and dynamic compositions to engage the viewer, playing on nostalgia. Prieto’s works are reminiscent of Where the Wild Things Are, with monstrous creatures journeying in boats, often presenting an allegorical message.
Pepa Prieto is a Spanish artist, now based in New York City. She received her MFA in Painting from the University of Complutense in Madrid, Spain. She went on to receive her degree in Mixed Media from the prestigious Central St. Martin’s School of Art in London, UK. Since graduating, she has been commissioned by Element Skateboards, Pony, MTV and Glamour magazine.
Pepa Prieto Renders Childish and Endearing Paintings
1. Mixed Media Art - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity to explore new techniques and materials in the creation of mixed media artwork.
2. Geometric Motifs - Exploring the use of geometric motifs in art can lead to disruptive innovations in composition and visual storytelling.
3. Nostalgic Art - Creating nostalgic artwork that evokes feelings of nostalgia and childhood can be a disruptive innovation in the art world.
1. Art and Design - Integrating mixed media techniques and geometric motifs into traditional art forms can disrupt the art and design industry.
2. Publishing and Media - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity in creating nostalgic artwork for publishing and media industries, connecting with audiences through a sense of nostalgia.
3. Fashion and Apparel - Applying mixed media techniques and geometric motifs to fashion and apparel can lead to disruptive innovations in textile design and garment construction.