People Power was recently launched as ACLU's "grassroots army" and this new initiative quickly inspired the creation of the People Power Beer.
The idea for this new beer stemmed from Threes Brewing in Brooklyn, but it will be produced by a community of brewers across the United States. 29 breweries from coast to coast have joined the project, which will ultimately put a portion of the proceeds towards the ALCU and its work. The breweries are planning to launch their beers on Independence Day and will make them available to consumers until Election Day in November, which will coincide with ALCU's Let People Vote People Power campaign.
As for the beer itself, Threes Brewing created a Pilsner, although each participating brewery will have creative freedom in terms of flavor and style.
'People Power Beer' Will Be Interpreted by Multiple Breweries
1. Collaborative Brewing - Opportunity for breweries to collaborate on creating unique beers that support charitable causes.
2. Grassroots Initiatives - Increasing trend of businesses partnering with grassroots movements to create products that align with their values.
3. Cause-driven Marketing - Demand for products that support social activism and contribute to important causes.
1. Craft Beer - Craft breweries have an opportunity to participate in collaborative projects that promote social causes.
2. Non-profit Organizations - Non-profit organizations can partner with breweries to create fundraising initiatives.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing agencies can help businesses capitalize on the trend of cause-driven marketing to create impactful campaigns.