In the digital age, companies must keep up to the Internet's ever-changing landscape, which is exactly what Fuseproject did with the PayPal logo.
Since PayPal's inception in 1999, the company has only updated its logo once in 2007. Many brands are apprehensive to tamper with such an important piece of corporate identity, and for good reason. One wouldn't want to adjust a logo to the point of it being unrecognizable for customers. Fuseproject, however, met PayPals needs and simplified the logo with some minor adjustments. The two P's are overlapped in a silhouetted shape, with the full PayPal name underneath. This way, the company can use the shape alone if needed, instead of spelling out the full name.
Photo Credits: designboom, paypal
'Fuseproject' Reinvents PayPal Logo for the Digital Age
1. Simplified Brand Logos - Opportunity for brands to simplify their logos while maintaining recognition and flexibility.
2. Logo Evolution - Emerging trend of companies updating their logos to align with the digital age and changing landscape.
3. Minimalistic Design - Increasing adoption of minimalistic design principles in branding and visual identities.
1. Branding and Marketing - Opportunity for branding and marketing agencies to help companies update and simplify their logos.
2. Digital Payment Services - Disruptive innovation opportunities for digital payment services to rebrand and attract new customers.
3. Design and Creative Agencies - Opportunity for design and creative agencies to assist companies in adapting their logos to the digital age.