Parkhaus Skopje by PPAG Architects is a fresh and modern take on a baroque inspiration. Remixing the art movement's opulent visual aesthetic, the Vienna-based team works alongside local architect, artist and author Milan Mijalkovic to create a parking garage with a decorative facade.
The bold facade is accented with decorative vignettes that catch one's eye instantly while referencing a traditionally baroque aesthetic. With an aim to pay homage the Macedonian city's culture, the proposed Parkhaus Skopje parking complex fuses the country's history with modern day ideas and innovations.
The multi-layered building covers its steel structural framing with composite panels that are penetrated by light during the day while illuminating into a glowing architecture piece during evening hours.
Parkhaus Skopje Showcases Decorative Facade Vignettes
1. Baroque Remix Architecture - An opportunity for architects and designers to implement baroque inspiration while incorporating modern day ideas.
2. Decorative Facade Vignettes - Innovative way to add ornamental details to architectural facades and buildings.
3. Composite Material Panels - A sustainable solution to traditional concrete walls used in construction with the added benefit of lighting during nighttime hours.
1. Architecture - Incorporating time-honored architectural styles with modern-day ideas offers a new and exciting direction in architecture.
2. Construction - The use of composite material panels offers a sustainable solution to construction materials with the added benefit of lighting during nighttime hours.
3. Art and Design - The use of decorative facade vignettes in architecture offers opportunities for artists and designers to collaborate and incorporate unique and creative elements in buildings and structures.