It seems impossible that some of the furniture in the Paper Planet collection could be made out of paper. Some of the surfaces are so intricate and reminiscent of other materials that the designs are sure to boggle people's minds. One Paper Planet chair looks like it was knitted with strips of cloth while another seat looks fashioned out of rope. The origami-like lamps are the only pieces in the collection that can pass for paper at first glance.
Designed by Katja Hettler and Jula Tüllmann of the Hettler.Tullmann studio, which is based in Berlin, the Paper Planet collection recently debuted at New York’s Noho Design District. When describing their Paper Planet line, the designers say, "Our understanding is that nonsynthetic materials do inherit a sensual, warm and haptic environment."
Hettler.Tullmann's Paper Planet Collection is Deceptive and Eco-Friendly
1. Sustainable Furniture - There is a growing trend for furniture made from renewable and eco-friendly resources like pulp sheets, which could create opportunities for companies to innovate and design sustainable furniture for the future.
2. Disruptive Materials - Using unconventional materials like pulp sheets to create furniture is a disruptive approach, which could open up a range of opportunities for businesses to experiment with innovative materials and designs.
3. Intricate Design - The intricate designs of the Paper Planet Collection challenge traditional notions of what furniture can look like and could potentially inspire a trend towards more unique and bespoke creations in the industry.
1. Furniture - The use of pulp sheets in furniture design has the potential to disrupt the way the industry approaches sustainability and material innovation, creating opportunities for more eco-friendly and unconventional products.
2. Sustainability - As consumers become more conscious of the need for sustainable products and materials, the sustainability industry could respond by embracing and promoting innovative, eco-friendly materials and products like those used in the Paper Planet Collection.
3. Art and Design - The intricate and novel designs in the Paper Planet Collection demonstrate the potential for more complex and artistic furniture designs, leading to opportunities for businesses to innovate and create unique pieces with the potential to disrupt the industry.