Created to help provide essential lighting for areas that are unlit or lacking in enough lighting, the 'Fleetlights' outdoor street lights take the form of flying drones. Created by insurance company Direct Line, the Fleetlights work by being requested from a mobile app like a rideshare service such as Uber.
The drones requested would fly to the desired location and provide a blast of clear lighting to help ensure visibility when desired. After their use is no longer needed, the Fleetlights drones could be called off and returned to the docking base for recharging or off on another request.
The Fleetlights outdoor street lights identify how drone technology is being utilized in unexpected ways to help improve a variety of different experiences in an autonomous way.
'Fleetlights' Outdoor Street Lights Can be Requested via a Mobile App
1. Autonomous Lighting Drones - The use of flying drones for on-demand street lighting presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for the lighting industry.
2. Mobile App-enabled Services - The integration of mobile app technology into the request and management of services like on-demand lighting opens up possibilities for disruption in various industries, such as transportation or hospitality.
3. Unconventional Drone Applications - The Fleetlights outdoor street lights exemplify the potential for using drones in unexpected and innovative ways, creating opportunities for disruptive innovation across industries.
1. Lighting - The use of autonomous lighting drones can disrupt the traditional lighting industry by offering flexible, on-demand lighting solutions.
2. Transportation - The integration of mobile app technology and on-demand services can disrupt the transportation industry by enabling new models for on-demand transportation and logistics.
3. Hospitality - The adoption of mobile app-enabled services like on-demand lighting can disrupt the hospitality industry by enhancing guest experiences and providing personalized services.