The BBR Saatchi & Saatchi ad agency created an extremely clever print ad for Ford Israel that features an optical illusion. The illusion isn't merely fun or quirky, but actually intelligently promotes the Ford Explorer's new Park Assist feature.
The ad features illustrations of some buildings with a Ford Explorer silhouette in the front with a small black dot centred on it. The ad contains text that says "Stare at the dot in the car for 30 seconds, move your eyes to the empty parking space. See how easy it is to park."
Thirty seconds is a pretty long time to stare at something, but when you do it as instructed, an optical illusion occurs wherein it looks like the Ford Explorer is being 'parked' into position.
This Ford Israel Print Ad is a Clever Optical Illusion
1. Optical Illusion Advertising - The use of optical illusions in advertising can create engaging and memorable experiences for consumers.
2. Interactive Print Ads - Interactive print ads that require viewer participation can capture attention and increase brand engagement.
3. Promoting Features Through Creativity - Using clever and intelligent advertising techniques can effectively communicate the benefits of product features.
1. Advertising - The advertising industry can benefit from incorporating optical illusions and interactive approaches to create innovative campaigns.
2. Automotive - The automotive industry can explore using creative advertising methods like optical illusions to highlight innovative features and enhance brand perception.
3. Printing - The printing industry can develop unique advertising formats that allow for interactive and visually engaging experiences through optical illusions.