After the huge success of last year's relaunch of Planters Cheez Balls, the company recently announced that its iconic, neon orange 90s snack is now available in all four new variants including White Cheddar, Nacho and Blazin’ Hot Cheez Balls.
White Cheddar and Nacho Cheez Balls are available nationwide now, and Blazin’ Hot Cheez Balls will start scorching the snack aisle beginning April 2020. The fourth flavor, Jalapeno Cheddar Cheez Balls, will be available nationally later this year.
These nostalgic products bring back sentimental feelings and are perfect for fans of the 90s treat looking to bring the past into the present. Plus the cheese-flavored snack boasts the same vintage packaging as the original, a touch dedicated fans will appreciate.
Image Credit: Planters
Planters Introduce New Cheez Balls Flavors, Including Blazin' Hot
1. Flavored Snack Resurgence - As nostalgic foods continue to experience resurgence, introducing bold and unique flavors to classic snacks presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the snack industry.
2. Retro Branding - The return of vintage packaging and branding provides companies with the opportunity to re-introduce popular products to consumers and capitalize on a sense of nostalgia in the market.
3. Bold Flavor Combinations - Introducing bold and unexpected flavor combinations to classic snacks creates an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the snack industry, as consumers increasingly seek out unique and exciting taste experiences.
1. Snack Food Industry - With the rise of nostalgic and unique snacks, the market for flavor innovation in traditional snacks is ripe for disruption.
2. Branding and Advertising Industry - As companies look to reintroduce classic snacks to nostalgic consumers, the branding and advertising industry has an opportunity to create new and exciting campaigns centered around re-established products.
3. Food Packaging Industry - With the resurgence of vintage packaging, the food packaging industry has an opportunity to help companies create and market unique and visually appealing products to consumers seeking a sense of nostalgia.