As part of its Spring/Summer 2018 campaign, luxury fashion house Gucci employs the talents of renowned Spanish artist Ignasi Monreal for a large-scale mural project in New York City. The artwork gently hovers the line between Early Renaissance and modern futurism, while boasting Gucci's new 2018 eyewear collection.
One can draw distinct parallels between high art and high fashion in this artful campaign, as Ignasi Monreal's murals are a modern interpretation of acclaimed 'The Arnolfini Portrait' (Jan van Eyck, 1434) and 'The Garden of Earthly Delights' (Hieronymus Bosch, 1515).
This mural project in New York City is estimated to last about two months time, hence passers-by should take advantage and marvel at the grandeur of these modern Renaissance large-scale interpretatoions.
Photo Credits: Gucci
Gucci Embarks on a Large-Scale Mural Project in New York
1. Large-scale Murals - The use of large-scale murals in advertising campaigns presents an opportunity for brands to create immersive and visually captivating experiences for consumers.
2. Artistic Collaboration - Collaborating with renowned artists like Ignasi Monreal offers brands an opportunity to infuse their products or campaigns with a sense of artistic credibility and creative appeal.
3. Modern Renaissance - Inspired by classical artworks, the trend of blending traditional art styles with modern aesthetics allows brands to create visually striking and culturally resonant content.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can leverage large-scale murals to create unique and memorable brand experiences, or collaborate with artists to develop visually stunning campaigns.
2. Advertising - In the advertising industry, employing large-scale murals and artistic collaborations can help brands stand out, resonate with consumers, and generate buzz around their products or services.
3. Tourism - Cities and tourist destinations can embrace large-scale murals as a way to enhance the local aesthetic, attract visitors, and create a vibrant and culturally rich environment.