Located in Kuwait City, Studio Toggle builds a multi-family home that looks "simple and serene." The structure is built for two brothers and their families and this can be considered an extension of the concept of generational living.
The interior of the multi-family home is largely contemporary and chic. Studio Toggle described the architectural setting of the structure to be an "introverted composition." As a result, there are two separate living units and an internal courtyard. As a result, the multi-family home layout boasts many "open spaces for socialization," as well as privacy-focused areas for each family.
Climate control is another focus for Studio Toggle as they arrange the home to withstand dust storms and the desert sun.
Image Credit: Joao Morgado / Architectural Photography.
Studio Toggle Builds a House with an Internal Courtyard in Kuwait
1. Generational Living - Opportunity for creating innovative multi-family homes that accommodate multiple generations under one roof.
2. Contemporary Interior Design - Opportunity for designing modern and stylish living spaces within multi-family homes.
3. Climate-responsive Architecture - Opportunity for developing housing structures that prioritize climate control and sustainability in extreme weather conditions.
1. Real Estate Development - Opportunity for real estate developers to create multi-family homes with unique designs and features to cater to different generations.
2. Interior Design - Opportunity for interior designers to experiment with contemporary styles and create functional living spaces within multi-family homes.
3. Architectural Engineering - Opportunity for architectural engineers to design climate-responsive structures that can endure extreme weather conditions while providing comfort and energy efficiency.