Project 'Hear us Out' debuted at Stockholm's Furniture Fair this year and it showcased a collaborative take on modern furniture designs of 12 students from Beckmans College of Design and six brands—Blå Station, Massproductions, Materia, Gärsnäs, Källemo and Johanson Design.
The project challenged the emerging creators to conceive and build a piece that would fit well into the existing collection of each brand. Since each firm has its own distinct philosophy and style, the modern furniture designs turned out to have very different influences—from the fluid shape of the Fortuna chair modeled after a fortune cookie, to the retro art deco vibe of the Vent chair. Interestingly enough, the highly geometrical and minimalist approach to each design ties the collection together and creates for an unlikely, but stylish pairing between two or more pieces.
Photo Credits: Dezeen
Students and Brands Worked on These Modern Furniture Designs
1. Collaborative Furniture Design - Collaborative projects between students and brands are leading to innovative and unique furniture designs.
2. Distinct Brand Influences - The diverse philosophies and styles of different furniture brands are influencing the design process and resulting in eclectic and interesting furniture pieces.
3. Geometrical and Minimalist Aesthetics - A focus on geometric shapes and minimalist aesthetics is emerging as a trend in modern furniture design.
1. Furniture Design - The furniture industry can explore partnerships with students and emerging designers to create fresh and innovative products.
2. Education - Educational institutions can promote collaborative projects that give students real-world design opportunities, fostering creativity and industry connections.
3. Interior Design - Interior designers can incorporate modern furniture designs that feature distinct brand influences and geometric minimalism in their projects, creating unique and visually appealing spaces.