Situated in a defunct 1950s shopping center, Hank's is a new Austin-based eatery that features a gorgeous minimalist desert modern interior. The space was purposefully designed to take advantage of the existing grocery store base while transforming it into something more bright and spacious. The eatery features white walls, high ceilings and is filled with floor-to-ceiling gridded windows that flood the dining room with natural light.
The minimalist desert modern aesthetic comes mostly from various accents and pieces of furniture that work well with the interior to create an inviting space. Plants and succulents all focus on a desert motif and the use of light wood helps to create a modern desert vibe. Other sections feature pale cane chairs, lightwood benches and peach cushions, all of which were designed to fit with Austin's warm climate and tie the overall aesthetic together.
Image Credit: Wynn Myers
Hank's Takes on a Unique Minimalist Desert Modern Aesthetic
1. Minimalist Desert Modern Aesthetic - Opportunity for businesses to explore the use of minimalist design and desert-inspired elements to create visually appealing and inviting spaces.
2. Transformation of Defunct Spaces - Disruptive innovation opportunities for businesses willing to repurpose abandoned locations by leveraging existing structures and reimagining them for new purposes.
3. Integration of Natural Light - Businesses can capitalize on the use of floor-to-ceiling gridded windows to allow ample natural light into interior spaces, creating a bright and welcoming environment.
1. Hospitality - Hotels, restaurants, and cafes can incorporate the minimalist desert modern aesthetic to enhance the overall guest experience.
2. Interior Design - Interior design firms have the opportunity to create unique spaces by repurposing defunct locations and incorporating natural elements within their designs.
3. Real Estate - Real estate developers can find value in the transformation of abandoned spaces and market them as unique, modern destinations.