The 'I-Box' is one of the newest menu options at KFC India, which builds upon the success of previous releases like the KFC 5-in-1 Longer Meal Box, which provides an assortment of foods in a convenient carrying container.
This new Ultimate 5-in-1 Meal Box will appeal to consumers who are interested in more than a meal, as select KFC stores in India are helping consumers to create a miniature 3D-printed version of themselves.
Lluis Ruiz Ribot, the CMO of KFC India says that "Toy collectibles are passé and so are selfies. The KFC I-Box takes things to a whole new level, the Smart Toy is unique, personalized and a mini-you." The commercial for the new I-Box and mini 3D-printed figurines stars a young group of friends, which suggests that it's an offering targeted at teens and young adults rather than kids.
KFC India's 'I-Box' Provides a Printed Selfie in One's Likeness
1. Personalized 3D Prints - The use of 3D printing technology to create personalized mini versions of customers is a disruptive innovation opportunity that can create more engaging customer experiences.
2. Smart Toy Trend - The use of smart toys like KFC's I-Box that incorporate customization, interactivity and personalization are creating new market opportunities in the fast food industry and beyond.
3. Immersive Dining Experiences - The trend towards immersive dining experiences that go beyond just food and create a full sensory experience is enabling fast food chains to attract younger audiences and create new revenue streams.
1. Fast Food Industry - The fast food industry can use personalized meal boxes and 3D printing technology as a way to differentiate themselves and create more personalized experiences for customers.
2. Retail Industry - The retail industry can use personalized mini 3D printing technology to create custom figurines of customers as a way to engage customers and increase brand loyalty.
3. Entertainment Industry - The entertainment industry can leverage immersive dining experiences as a way to create unique experiences that combine food, technology and interactivity to appeal to younger audiences.