KFC China, the largest fast food chain in the country, has announced that it will be bringing chicken-dispensing machines to city streets.
While the details surrounding the autonomous food pods are limited at this time, it's expects that the machines will be mobile, and look like "miniaturized minivans with side windows revealing packaged fried chicken." Images shared via Twitter showcase touchscreens that enable consumers to place their own orders efficiently, and a QR code scanner that allows for quick, contactless payment.
The machines are said to be created by Neolix, a Beijing tech company that's already deployed autonomous food vehicles in Chinese cities that "use 5G cellular broadband connections and can travel 62 miles on a charge at speeds as high as 31 miles per hour."
Image Credit: Shutterstock
KFC China Announced That It Will Launch Autonomous Food Pods
1. Autonomous Food Pods - The development of autonomous food pods presents an opportunity for efficient and contactless food delivery.
2. Mobile Food Dispensing Machines - The introduction of mobile food dispensing machines revolutionizes the accessibility of fast food in urban areas.
3. QR Code Payment Technology - QR code payment technology provides a secure and convenient payment method for customers using the food dispensing machines.
1. Fast Food - The fast food industry can leverage autonomous food pods to enhance delivery services and increase customer satisfaction.
2. Technology - The technology sector can explore opportunities in developing advanced autonomous food vehicles and related software solutions.
3. Payment Solutions - The payment solutions industry can capitalize on the widespread adoption of QR code payment technology for various applications, including food vending machines.