A trio of McVitie’s Digestives biscuits are being launched by Pladis to help offer consumers a tasty treat to nibble on when cheering for Great Britain at the upcoming Tokyo 2020 Olympics. The new biscuits come in the Marmalade on Toast, Cherry Bakewell and Strawberries & Cream flavor options, which are all inspired by iconically British treats. Consumers can have their say with which one is their favorite using the hashtag #SaveYourFave with the most popular option becoming a permanent offering.
Brand Director for McVitie's at Pladis UK&I Emma Stowers spoke on the new biscuits saying, "Team GB and McVitie’s both have a proud heritage and have been bringing British people together for many years. As part of our partnership we knew that we wanted to create a big buzz around this year’s Olympic Games and help the nation cheer on Team GB from their own homes. And, what better way to do this than by launching a range of distinctively British, limited-edition flavors to the McVitie’s Chocolate Digestives range?"
Three New McVitie’s Digestives Flavors are Being Launched
1. Limited-edition Biscuit Flavors - The launch of new McVitie’s Digestives flavors presents an opportunity for companies to explore the creation of limited-edition flavors that are inspired by local or cultural treats.
2. Consumer Participation and Feedback - The hashtag campaign #SaveYourFave demonstrates the potential for businesses to engage consumers in product development and decision-making processes.
3. Branding with National Pride - The patriotic British theme of the McVitie’s Digestives flavors highlights the opportunity for brands to leverage national pride and cultural associations in their marketing strategies.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can explore the potential for creating limited-edition flavors and engaging consumers in product development.
2. Marketing and Advertising - The marketing and advertising industry can utilize the strategic use of national pride and cultural associations to connect with consumers and build brand loyalty.
3. Social Media and Digital Engagement - The success of the hashtag campaign #SaveYourFave indicates the opportunities for leveraging social media and digital platforms to involve consumers and generate buzz for products and brands.