This fierce fashion story by photographer Mario Pena is as hip as it gets. Thoughtfully titled "Lamb Has Lost Control," the shoot follows two girls, one dominant and one submissive, portraying the typical alpha-female/sidekick relationship. The duo sheds light on common themes of adolescence like peer pressure and the desire to fit in at any cost. Pena says of the story, "The girl is influence[d] more by the bad attitude of the other woman than vices. She wants to learn how to be like her."
Starring veteran Brittany Moser and up-and-comer Sidney Allison, the telling shoot features gorgeous styles chosen by Chelsea Schuchman that are edgy, forward and fit perfectly with the context of the story.
Implications - Over time, fashion photography is pushing more boundaries, including a wider range of edgier styles that defy the conventional picture of beauty. These changes reflect a shift in societal norms towards acceptance, tolerance and self expression.
Mario Pena Captues the Essence of Peer Pressure in This Shoot
1. Edgier Styles - Pushing boundaries in fashion photography, embracing unconventional beauty and self-expression.
2. Acceptance and Tolerance - A shift in societal norms towards accepting diverse beauty standards and embracing self-expression.
3. Peer Pressure Portrayal - Exploring the themes of peer pressure, the desire to fit in, and the influence of others.
1. Fashion Photography - Opportunity to experiment with new styles, challenge conventional beauty standards, and reflect societal shifts.
2. Fashion and Apparel - Creating inclusive and diverse fashion collections that cater to individuality and self-expression.
3. Youth Culture and Media - Addressing the impact of peer pressure and promoting positive self-image in youth-oriented media and marketing.