The Mando Footloose IM is the latest entrant to the increasingly crowded field of electric bicycles. That being said, it still manages to stand out from competitors largely because of its unique drivetrain. Like its predecessor the Footloose, the Footloose IM doesn't have either a chain or a belt drive. Unlike the Footloose however, this e-bike is not foldable.
This e-bike was first unveiled in prototype form at Eurobike 2013, and features a drivetrain wherein the rider's pedaling power is used to charge up the bike's 36-volt 8.2-Ah lithium-ion battery via a crank alternator. The battery also powers a 250-watt rear hub motor.
While the Mando Footloose IM doesn't fold, that's not a bad thing because it actually makes the e-bike lighter, sleeker and shorter.
The Mando Footloose Drivetrain Relies on the Rider's Pedal Power
1. Pedal-powered E-bikes - The increasing trend towards pedal-powered E-bikes presents an opportunity for companies to innovate in drivetrain technology, improving efficiency and battery life capabilities.
2. Alternative Transportation - As society grows more conscious of eco-friendly transportation, companies in the alternative transportation industry have the opportunity to innovate and capture a market share with new, innovative products.
3. Sustainability - The sustainability trend is creating opportunities for companies to adopt new technology and materials in order to create more efficient, environmentally friendly transportation solutions.
1. Bike Manufacturing - The development of innovative, eco-friendly pedal-powered e-bikes presents new opportunities for companies in the bike manufacturing industry.
2. Electric Vehicle Manufacturing - As electric transportation continues to grow in popularity, companies in the electric vehicle manufacturing industry have an opportunity to innovate and capture market share with more efficient and innovative products.
3. Consumer Electronics - With the integration of technology into transportation, the consumer electronics industry has an opportunity to innovate and create new, high-tech products for the eco-conscious consumer.