League of Legends creators Riot Games recently announced an exciting partnership with German auto maker BMW -- the newest, official partner of the company's European championship series which will host its summer finals in Paris, France.
The auto brand follows in the footsteps of Jeep, and Mercedes Benz who have sponsored League of Legends Pro League and World Champtionship tournaments in recent months. As esports continues to re-frame the definition of modern entertainment, major brands are beginning to take notice with key players like Coca-Cola, Red Bull, and others taking advantage of the marketing doors that this industry is opening, especially when reaching Millennial audiences.
BMW's premium status makes it a luxury brand that is more synonymous with mature drivers. The company's venture into the world of esports is a bold move, as it targets younger gamers who are likely to tune into League of Legends' many competitive livestreams.
The New League of Legends BMW Partnership Targets Millennials
1. Esports Sponsorship - Major brands like BMW are partnering with eSports leagues to tap into the growing Millennial audience and redefine entertainment.
2. Brands in Gaming - Luxury brands like BMW are recognizing the marketing potential in the gaming industry and are aligning themselves with popular games and tournaments.
3. Millennial Marketing - By sponsoring eSports events, brands like BMW can effectively target and engage with Millennial gamers, who are highly active and influential in the gaming community.
1. Automotive - BMW's partnership with League of Legends presents an opportunity for automotive companies to connect with younger demographics through the rapidly growing eSports market.
2. Gaming - The successful involvement of luxury brands like BMW in eSports highlights the potential for gaming companies to create partnerships that enhance the gaming experience and drive revenue.
3. Beverage - As brands like Coca-Cola and Red Bull actively involve themselves in eSports, there is an opportunity for beverage companies to leverage the popularity and reach of eSports events to promote their products to Millennial consumers.