Seoul-based designer Jisun Kim reimagines the world of vases by breaking free from traditional materials like clay, porcelain, and glass. Instead, in Kim's series of vases, plastic bags create beautiful and unique designs. Unfortunately, plastic bags are often thrown into landfills or get lost in the depths of the ocean. This series repurposes the material into useful household items.
The vases take part in Lexus Korea's Creative Master series on youtube, which showcases the creative vision behind the craft of various artists. The reincarnated home decor items are made by ironing layers of single-use plastic together and later shaping them into unique objects. Kim believes that making use of otherwise discarded materials opens the design world up to new possibilities.
Image Credit: Fast Company
Jisun Kim Designed Translucent Vases From Discarded Plastic Bags
1. Eco-friendly Materials - The trend of using recycled or repurposed materials in product design to reduce waste and environmental impact.
2. Sustainable Home Decor - The trend of using repurposed and eco-friendly materials in creating functional and decorative home products.
3. Creative Material Recycling - The trend of exploring new ways to reuse and recycle discarded materials for innovative design projects.
1. Home Decor - The home decor industry can incorporate sustainable design practices by using eco-friendly and repurposed materials to create functional and decorative products.
2. Environmental Conservation - The environmental conservation industry can disrupt traditional waste management practices by exploring creative solutions to reuse and repurpose discarded materials.
3. Fashion and Accessories - The fashion and accessories industry can take inspiration from eco-friendly material use by exploring ways to incorporate recycled and repurposed materials into their designs.