The Plastplan design studio is an Iceland-based outfit focused on using waste materials to construct functional products for the home. Created by product designers Björn Steinar and Brynjólfur, the studio creates furniture and goods for the home crafted entirely from recycled plastic. This is thanks to technology like injection and extrusion machines, shredders and a sheet press along with an in-house-made industrial 3D printer that allows for large-scale printing without molds.
The various products from the Plastplan design studio include an array of items in its Everyday collection like a chair, wall shelf, mirror, stool, coffee table, flower vases and a table lamp. The design studio has also worked with Icelandair on a luggage tag crafted entirely out of recycled plastic.
The Plastplan Design Studio Transforms Waste into Functional Items
1. Recycled Plastic Decor - The use of recycled plastic materials in designing furniture and decor products.
2. Sustainable Home Goods - A trend in using eco-friendly materials in designing functional objects for the home.
3. Large-scale 3D Printing - Innovations in large-scale 3D printing technology for creating functional items and furniture without molds.
1. Furniture Design - Opportunities in using new materials such as recycled plastics to create functional and sustainable furniture.
2. Home Decor - Opportunities for creating eco-friendly and sustainable decor products for the home using recycled plastic materials.
3. 3D Printing Technology - Innovations in large-scale 3D printing technology for creating functional items and furniture without molds to cater to the needs of customers that prioritize sustainability.