When the temperature is already in the negatives and you're struggling to stay warm, it's not often that you wish it would get any colder—unless you're staring at this interactive advertisement from Mark's. Billboards were set up across multiple locations in Toronto, transforming digital bus shelter ads into places where consumers could keep an eye on sales. As the temperature dropped, the sale percentages increased. For instance, at -15°C, Mark's ran a promotion for the day of 15% off storewide. 'The colder it gets, the more you save' campaign is running throughout the month of February, turning gripes about the cold weather into wishes that it would stay frosty a little bit longer.
Taking inspiration from this style of campaign, Mark's is considering other location-specific marketing, such as promotions that coincide with heavy rainfall in Vancouver or snowfall in Calgary.
Mark's Interactive Advertisements Announce Better Sales with Colder Weather
1. Interactive Advertisements - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating interactive elements into advertisements to engage consumers and increase sales.
2. Weather-based Promotions - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offering promotions that change based on weather conditions to incentivize consumer behavior and drive sales.
3. Location-specific Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Implementing location-specific marketing strategies to cater to the unique needs and preferences of different regions.
1. Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leveraging technology and creativity to create interactive and engaging advertisements that capture consumer attention.
2. Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Using weather-based promotions to create a sense of urgency and encourage consumer spending in retail stores.
3. Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilizing location-specific marketing tactics to create tailored campaigns that resonate with consumers and drive business growth.