Billboard advertisers have long been faced with a dilemma that INRIX billboards could solve. In the past, companies had to make a choice when it came to billboard ads: either put out intricate, text-heavy spots on the assumption that traffic will be mostly gridlocked, or post a lightweight, image-focused ad for drivers who can only take a quick glance while speeding by. Now though, INRIX billboards are able to sense the speed of traffic and present the right ad for their drivers.
Trials of the digital billboards have been underway in Montreal and Toronto. The traffic tracking system works in the same way that mapping services like Google Maps list traffic predictions. The INRIX billboards take data from drivers' smartphones and use it to analyze the traffic speed in the area.
The system could eventually bring the internet's granular ad personalization to billboard ads.
INRIX Billboards are Able to Change Ads Based on Traffic Speed
1. Data-driven Advertising - INRIX billboards use data from drivers' smartphones to analyze traffic speed and present personalized ads.
2. Real-time Marketing - INRIX billboards can change ads based on the speed of traffic, allowing for timely and relevant marketing messages.
3. Smart Billboards - INRIX billboards incorporate technology to sense traffic speed and deliver targeted advertisements.
1. Advertising - The INRIX billboard technology presents opportunities for advertisers to leverage data-driven advertising for more effective campaigns.
2. Digital Signage - The use of INRIX billboards demonstrates the potential for real-time marketing in the digital signage industry.
3. Smart Cities - The implementation of INRIX billboards showcases how technology can enhance urban environments and improve the efficiency of traffic management.