One of the latest trends in advertising involves complete immersion into the product. In this case, a new ad from Ikea is in the form of a decorated subway. The windows are finished with Ikea Fabric and you can instantly live the experience. The agency was Forsman & Bodenfors in Sweden.
Implications - Advertising campaigns such as this one get people talking and ultimately result in those who witness them firsthand sharing their experience with their friends, family and loved ones. As such, they generate a word-of-mouth that greatly enhances the amount of people exposed to them and are thus well worth the cost and effort they require to produce.
Ikea Fabric Ad in Sweden
1. Immersion Advertising - Complete immersion into the product through advertising is a trend that enhances word-of-mouth marketing.
2. Decorated Subway Ads - The use of decorated subways as an advertising medium is a trend that provides a unique brand experience.
3. Innovative Outdoor Advertising - Innovative outdoor advertising is a trend that garners attention and becomes viral through social media.
1. Advertising - The advertising industry can capitalize on the trend of creating immersive experiences to boost brand awareness.
2. Public Transportation - The public transportation industry can offer decorated subway ads as a unique form of revenue for transit agencies.
3. Home Furnishings - The home furnishings industry can use immersive advertising campaigns to showcase their products and create a lasting brand impression.