When in shared accommodations, like a college or university dormitory, finding a balance between decor that suits both roommate's aesthetics, can be a challenging process, which is why IKEA and Hypebeast have partnered. The two companies are offering college roommates advice, inspiration and products that help both parties explore their individuality, while maintaining a happy environment that they can both co-exist in.
In the informative, collaborative video, the lifestyle brand outlines how IKEA's products can be used to help a city-dwelling minimalist and a memorabilia-hoarding sports star share a communal living space. The video outlines various storage and seating options that appeal to both aesthetics, while encouraging personalization and customization, wherever possible.
The video series, which aims to attract young college students, highlights IKEA's affordable and easily assembled furniture pieces, which are ideal for adding a pop of personality, in an otherwise drab living space.
IKEA and Hypebeast Partnered to Help Decorate College Dorms
1. Collaborative Living Solutions - There is an opportunity to develop more collaborations between lifestyle brands, like Hypebeast, and affordable home retailers, like IKEA, to create solutions for shared living spaces.
2. Customizable Dorm Room Products - An innovative opportunity exists for affordable home retailers, like IKEA, to develop and market products designed to be personalized and customized by individual dorm roommates.
3. Minimalist Decor Styles - A trend of minimalist decor styles has emerged, creating an opportunity for home decor retailers to offer affordable, stylish yet functional pieces for shared living spaces, like dorms.
1. Home Goods Retail - Retailers in the home goods sector, like IKEA, can increase their reach by partnering with lifestyle brands, like Hypebeast, to offer collaborative solutions for shared living spaces.
2. Interior Design - Interior design industry professionals can focus on the trend of minimalist decor styles and develop customized designs for shared living spaces, like college dorms.
3. Real Estate - Real estate companies and property managers can improve tenant satisfaction in shared living spaces, like dorms, by offering customizable decor options that suit each roommate's aesthetics.