Cas Dahmen is a graduate of the Royal College of Art and his hydrofoil catamaran is a waterborne vehicle that might prove to be revolutionary both in mechanical design and aesthetic appearance. The vehicle is meant to be a high-end autonomous form of public transportation. Specifically, Cas Dahmen envisioned it to be useful in cities like Dubai or Saudi Arabia.
The hydrofoil catamaran is designed to be fully electric, allowing the designer to market it as a zero-emissions vehicle that is an eco-friendly alternative to the motorized water boat. The sustainable concept is essentially born from the crossover of a Hydrofoil racing boat -- one that "lifts itself up off the water upon reaching a certain speed," and the Japanese Shinkansen high-speed bullet train.
Cas Dahmen's Concept Combines Luxury & Eco-Friendly Mechanisms
1. Luxe Electric Hydrofoils - The trend of eco-friendly, high-end hydrofoil catamarans offers disruptive innovation opportunities in the luxury transportation industry.
2. Autonomous Public Transportation - The trend of autonomous hydrofoil catamarans provides disruptive innovation opportunities in the urban transportation sector.
3. Zero-emissions Watercraft - The trend of zero-emissions hydrofoil catamarans presents disruptive innovation opportunities for environmentally conscious boating and tourism industries.
1. Luxury Transportation - The luxury transportation industry can leverage the disruptive innovation opportunities presented by eco-friendly hydrofoil catamarans to attract affluent customers.
2. Urban Transportation - The urban transportation sector can explore the disruptive innovation potential of autonomous hydrofoil catamarans to enhance public transportation infrastructure and efficiency.
3. Boating and Tourism - The boating and tourism industries can embrace the disruptive innovation opportunities offered by zero-emissions hydrofoil catamarans to promote sustainable and environmentally friendly travel experiences.