Hulu 60fps support is ready and just in time for its Olympic coverage. Subscribers to Hulu's live TV service will now be given access to certain channels that support 60fps, including stations with broadcasts of March Madness and the Winter Olympics. This feature has been requested by sport fans for some time now, as higher frame-rates tend to capture action in more precise ways.
The first phase of Hulu 60fps support will roll-out immediately and will be available on channels such as CNN, CNN International, HLN, TNT, TBS, TCM, TruTV, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Showtime channels, half of Hulu's Fox affiliated and all NBC affiliates. Hulu live TV subscribers will be able to access 60fps streams on iPhone and iPad, Apple TV, Xbox One, Fire TV, Samsung Tizen TV and Nintendo Switch. This new frame rate increase will be sure to bump up HULU use during the Olympics and will appease many sports fans.
Image Credit: TechCrunch
Hulu 60fps Support is Available for Select Streaming Channels
1. High Frame-rate Sports Broadcasting - Opportunity to develop high frame-rate sports streaming services and broadcasting technologies to improve the viewing experience.
2. Demand for Precise Action Capture - Opportunity to develop technologies that capture fast-paced action from sports events in more precise ways.
3. Increased Use of Live TV Streaming Services - Opportunity for streaming services to capitalize on live sports events by improving the quality and availability of live TV streaming services.
1. Broadcasting - The broadcasting industry can explore new high frame-rate broadcasting technologies and services to cater to sports fans.
2. Sports Broadcasting - The sports broadcasting industry can invest in improving the quality of sports content by capturing fast-paced action in high frame-rates.
3. Streaming Services - Live TV streaming services can capitalize on the increased demand for live sports events by expanding and improving their services and quality.