Whoa! The legendary sex flagship the Hotel Luxor, Hamburg's oldest bordello, is closing up shop.
The German city is known for its infamous Reeperbahn, the red light district which has been around since 1948.
"You can't make good money in this area anymore with real sex," Waltraud Mehrer, the establishment's madam, told the Hamburger Morgenpost. "The only things still up and running are the table dance clubs."
Madam Waltraud Mehrer blames the decline in business "on easily available Internet porn, the rise of call-girl services, and noisy discos and dance clubs." Apparently, sex is "too hard to sell." Imagine that!
Hotel Luxor Shut Down
1. Decline in Bordellos - The closure of the Hotel Luxor highlights the decline in traditional brothels due to competition from internet porn and call-girl services.
2. Rise of Table Dance Clubs - Table dance clubs are thriving while traditional bordellos experience a downturn in business, indicating a shift in consumer preferences.
3. Impact of Internet Porn - The availability of internet porn is disrupting the bordello industry, making it difficult for establishments to compete.
1. Adult Entertainment - The adult entertainment industry is being disrupted by the rise of internet porn and alternative services like call-girls.
2. Nightlife and Entertainment - The closure of traditional bordellos highlights the changing landscape of nightlife and entertainment, with table dance clubs gaining popularity.
3. Hospitality and Tourism - The decline of bordello business suggests a changing demand in the hospitality and tourism industry, with less focus on traditional red-light districts.