The COVID-19 pandemic and its subsequent social distancing regulations have forced many businesses to close down, however, Lucky Devil Lounge — a strip club in Portland, Orgeon — has used a creative loophole to give its consumers dinner and a show. The company recently debuted a drive-thru strip club so fans could still get access to the restaurant's food (which constitutes as a necessity amid the lockdown), however, as they drive to pick up their food, they are entertained my dancers.
The dancers still abide by the social distancing rules and remain at least 6 feet apart from each other and guests. They don protective masks and gloves and regularly wash their hands to help prevent the spread. While the club is only earning a sixth of what it previously made, all dancers are entitled to minimum wage as well as tips.
Image Credit: Terray Sylvester/REUTERS
The Lucky Devil Lounge Re-Opened as a Drive Through Amid COVID-19
1. Drive-thru Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the potential for other entertainment venues, such as theaters or concerts, to offer drive-thru experiences during social distancing regulations.
2. Contactless Experiences - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop contactless solutions for various businesses to provide their services, ensuring safety and convenience for customers.
3. Modified Business Models - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Reimagine traditional business models and find innovative ways to continue operations in challenging circumstances.
1. Hospitality - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the concept of drive-thru service in different facets of the hospitality industry, such as drive-thru hotels or drive-thru fine dining experiences.
2. Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Experiment with drive-thru formats for various entertainment industries, such as drive-thru amusement parks or drive-thru movie theaters.
3. Service Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop contactless service concepts for a wide range of service-based businesses, including contactless home repair or contactless beauty salons.