This summer, online food ordering service GrubHub is seeking out an intern with mad "Snapchat Skillz." Naturally, the first place GrubHub put out this call was on the Snapchat app itself, which included a six image slideshow explaining that they're in need of a summer intern and applications are open until May 9th.
It's a two step process to apply; first, applicants need to send GrubHub their best doodle on Snapchat and then head on over to a shortened Google link, which leads to GrubHub's careers page and more details on the social media intern position.
GrubHub's recruitment campaign is simple, but it's a great way to get prospective interns to show off their sense of humor, creativity and of course, their social media skills.
GrubHub is Looking for an New Summer Intern on Snapchat
1. Social Media-based Recruitment - Companies are increasingly turning to social media platforms for creative recruitment campaigns that target younger, tech-savvy applicants.
2. Gamification of Recruitment - Recruitment campaigns that gamify the application process are becoming popular as they attract a wider range of applicants who enjoy interactive and engaging challenges.
3. Personalized Selection Process - Innovative recruitment campaigns that take a more personalized approach to evaluating potential applicants through interactive and creative challenges are becoming more popular.
1. Online Food Ordering - This industry has the opportunity to use creative and innovative recruitment campaigns to attract younger, social media-savvy applicants who can work on improving their user experience through social media channels.
2. Social Media Services - The increasing use of social media in recruitment opens up opportunities for social media services to offer specialized solutions focused on recruitment and employer branding.
3. Human Resources - There is potential for Human Resources departments to become more innovative in their recruitment strategies by experimenting with digital forms of candidate evaluation.