Around the world there is mounting pressure on architects to think of ways to make their building designs more environmentally sustainable. One way to do this is to build gardens on top of the roofs. Green roofs provide a variety of environmental benefits, and they look better than their non-green counterparts.
Here’s 10 examples from around the world of successful green roof designs:
1. ACROS Fukuoka, in Fukuoka City, Japan
2. Chicago City Hall
3. 900 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago
4. Art and Exhibition Hall in Bonn, Germany
5. California’s Academy of Sciences in San Francisco
6. Unknown Location
7. Waldspirale in Darmstadt, Germany
8. Nanyang Technological University in Singapore
9. Pennsylvania State University’s Center for Green Roof Research
10. Proposed Design for Heden, Sweden
More Stats +/-
47 Eco Architecture Designs
Green Roof Tiles
20 Options for an Eco-Friendly Green Roof
Flora Inspired Eco Architecture
Green Floating Villages
Free 2018 Report & eBook
Get the top 100 trends happening right NOW -- plus a FREE copy of our award-winning book.
Our Research Methodology
This article is one of 350,000 experiments. We use crowd filtering, big data and AI to identify insights.
Green Roof Designs Bring Sustainability to Architecture
- By: Stanley TannerMar 20, 2009