Traditional grandfather clocks are understandably stuffy. Old, masculine and a touch creepy, they chime through the hours in a way that is both startling and hypnotizing. Yet that is not necessarily the case when it comes to modern grandfather clocks. In this case, 'A Slice of Time Wall Clock' does away with the pendulum for a look that is much more simple and streamlined. In fact, it does away with a body all together.
Made out of MDF fiber board and plexiglass, which is not typical of grandfather clocks, this abstract take only shows the nine and three hours on the face. Everything else is meant to be left up to interpretation and, of course, experience.
'A Slice of Time Wall Clock' is an Unexpected Twist on Tradition
1. Modernization of Tradition - Exploring new and minimalist designs for traditional items such as grandfather clocks.
2. Simplification of Functionality - Removing unnecessary components and features to create a more streamlined and contemporary approach.
3. Abstract Interpretation - Embracing ambiguity and leaving room for individual interpretation in design.
1. Interior Design - Opportunities for creating modern and minimalist home decor pieces.
2. Furniture Manufacturing - Incorporating new materials and unconventional designs into furniture production.
3. Retail and E-commerce - Offering unique and distinctive grandfather clocks for consumers seeking contemporary alternatives.