Trend Hunter was recently cited in the Globe and Mail for a piece on rainbow-colored food. The article, which appears in the Globe Life section of Wednesday's Globe and Mail Update, discusses the phenomenon of multi-hued pancakes.
Here is an excerpt of the Globe and Mail piece. You can read the rest here:
Amanda Rettke’s rainbow pancakes were meant to be a simple weekend breakfast treat for her three young children. But within days of posting photos of her creation online, the vibrant, multicoloured flapjacks became an Internet hit.
Photos of the syrup-drenched stack of pancakes, individually food-dyed red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple, have reappeared on countless websites, including Trendhunter, The Insider and SlashFood.
1. Rainbow Food - Opportunity to innovate with colorful and visually appealing food products.
2. Social Media Food Photography - Opportunity to develop and market food products that can easily be shared and photographed on social media.
3. Food Dye Alternatives - Opportunity to create food colorings that are derived from natural ingredients.
1. Food and Beverage - Rainbow food trend presents an opportunity for food and beverage industry to create visually appealing products that can attract customers.
2. Social Media and Marketing - Opportunity for social media and marketing industry to develop strategies to promote food products that look appealing when photographed and shared on various social media platforms.
3. Chemical and Natural Ingredient Suppliers - Opportunity for chemical and natural ingredient suppliers to research and develop food colorings that are safe and derived from natural sources.