A partnership with Rube Goldberg Inc. has led to the creation of special-edition General Mills cereal boxes that can be transformed into incredible machines.
The 'Big G' cereal boxes including Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cocoa Puffs, Cookie Crisp, Lucky Charms and Reese’s Puffs help to mark the 30th anniversary of the Rube Goldberg Machine Contest and inspire kids to get involved in STEM. The interactive cereal boxes are marked with easy-to-follow directions that help kids to transform the rectangular packaging into simple machines inspired by Goldberg's creations.
As well as offering entertainment, the contest makes it possible for participating families to submit their inventions for their chance to win one of 20 $20,000 college scholarships, providing an incredibly generous gift of education that may even be passed on to a different student of one's choosing.
The Rube Goldberg General Mills Cereal Boxes Turn Into Machines
1. Transformative Packaging - Exploring the potential of packaging to transform into functional objects and encourage creativity.
2. STEM Engagement - Using interactive products to inspire kids to get involved in STEM fields from an early age.
3. Innovative Contests - Creating contests that combine entertainment and education to drive participation and reward innovative ideas.
1. Packaging and Design - Opportunities for packaging companies to develop innovative solutions that go beyond containing products and provide added value to consumers.
2. Education and Learning - Utilizing interactive products and contests to promote STEM education and engage students in a fun and creative way.
3. Food and Beverage - Partnering with educational initiatives to enhance product packaging and create memorable experiences for consumers.