Participating in Fortnite tournaments usually requires an exclusive invite and entrance fee, but a recent update to the video game will now allow all players to participate and put their hat in the competitive scene. Available under the 'Events' section of Fortnite, this new game mode will be open to all players and will even include "prizes." The developers have yet to announce what these "prizes" will be but in the past tournaments have offered in-game currency.
The Fortnite tournaments will all have specific set dates and times, with the ultimate goal being to rack up points during game time. Points can be gathered by high placement or by eliminating enemy players. These points will be used after the game to better match similarly skilled players. The Fortnite Tournaments will also not separate players based on the controllers they use, whether it be touch, controller, or keyboard and mouse.
Image Credit: Epic Games
Fortnite Tournaments Will be Available For All Players to Compete
1. In-game Competitive Tournaments - Fortnite's open tournaments create opportunities for inclusive and accessible competitive gaming experiences.
2. Prize Incentives - Fortnite's undisclosed prizes in tournaments offer potential for unique rewards and incentives within the gaming industry.
3. Skill-based Matchmaking - Fortnite's use of points and skill-based matchmaking presents opportunities for more fair and balanced competition in the gaming community.
1. Video Gaming - The video gaming industry can leverage inclusive tournaments to increase player engagement and attract a wider audience.
2. E-sports - Fortnite's open tournaments provide a platform for e-sports organizations and players to compete and gain recognition.
3. Entertainment - The introduction of inclusive tournaments in Fortnite creates opportunities for entertainment companies to sponsor and engage with the gaming community through events and prizes.