'Fall Guys' is a cute battle royale game where players take control of a small bean-like character and compete in a variety of physical trials until only one player remains. The game launched in 2020 and was immediately a large success. However, since then, the game has become less popular, leading to the company releasing a massive update in order to attract more players.
When Fall Guys launched it was available on PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam. This meant Nintendo Switch, Xbox, and Epic Games players were unable to enjoy the title, until now. The game's developers announced that it will be coming to Switch, Xbox, PlayStation 5, and Epic Games on June 21st. On top of this, the game will now be cross-platform, feature cross-progression, and will be free-to-play. This means individuals will be able to enjoy the game on any of their systems without interrupting their progress. Additionally, cross-platform functionality enables players to game with their friends on different consoles.
Image Credit: Mediatonic
Fall Guys is Going Free-to-Play and Launching on All Consoles
1. Cross-platform Play - Opportunity for game developers to create more cross-platform games with features for cross-progression and compatibility with different consoles.
2. Free-to-play Gaming - Opportunity for gaming companies to reach a wider audience by offering games for free and generating revenue through in-game purchases and ads.
3. Multi-player Competitive Gaming - Opportunity for game developers to create more games that allow real-time competition with players from different consoles and devices.
1. Gaming - Developers have an opportunity to cater to a growing audience by offering free-to-play games and cross-platform compatibility.
2. Software Development - Companies can invest in developing technology that enables cross-platform play and cross-progression for games and other software.
3. Advertising - Advertisers can tap into the growing market of free-to-play games by offering relevant ads and promotions within the gaming experience.