'Foodcapital' is a futuristic food court design by Karim Rashid for the Lotte department store in Seoul. You might be hard pressed to find anything with a sharp angle or 90 degree bend. The columns, built-ins and furniture are all very sculptural and organic.
In the centre of the space is a huge robin's egg blue pod. Partially covered spaces like these conceal practical objects like tray return stations, trash bins and cash registers. Although the undulating forms seem to flow throughout the entire space, the gorgeous interior has a bright mix of colors like lime, fuchsia and blue to make it easy for patrons to navigate the space.
Photo credit: designboom and karim rashid
Photo Credits: designboom, karimrashid
Karim Rashid's Food Court Design is Sculptural and Organic
1. Futuristic Food Court Designs - The sculptural and organic design of 'Foodcapital' by Karim Rashid presents an opportunity for creating futuristic and visually captivating food court spaces.
2. Undulating and Organic Forms - The use of undulating forms and organic shapes in 'Foodcapital' highlights the potential for incorporating curvy designs in architecture and interior decor.
3. Colorful Navigation in Design - The bright mix of colors like lime, fuchsia, and blue in the interior of 'Foodcapital' suggests an opportunity to enhance spatial navigation through the use of vibrant colors.
1. Retail - The 'Foodcapital' design for Lotte department store offers a disruptive innovation opportunity for revamping the traditional food court experience in retail spaces.
2. Architecture - The sculptural and organic elements in Karim Rashid's food court design open up possibilities for incorporating innovative and visually appealing structures in architectural projects.
3. Interior Design - 'Foodcapital' showcases the potential for creating unique and visually engaging interiors by utilizing curvy and organic forms in interior design.