Foam packaging plays an important part in keeping items protected during the shipping process and Green Cell Foam sets itself apart as a water-soluble option. The corn-based foam packaging is touted as offering "the most flexibility and convenience in disposal options of any packaging material—going far beyond just recycling," and it is being implemented by Perdue Farms and its new ecommerce website. On the site, users are able to place orders for chicken and other kinds of meat directly from the company.
Once a customer's order arrives, they receive their shipment in 100% recyclable packaging, along with the Green Cell Foam that can be composted or dissolved in water in the sink. As the foam packaging is made from water-soluble cornstarch, the material is safe for drains, septic systems and treatment centers.
Perdue Farms' Online Orders Come in 100% Recyclable Packaging
1. Water-soluble Packaging - There is an opportunity for companies to explore the use of water-soluble packaging as a more sustainable alternative for foam packaging.
2. Zero-waste Packaging - Businesses can look into developing zero-waste packaging as a part of their sustainability efforts.
3. Eco-friendly Shipping - An opportunity exists for companies to improve their shipping practices by implementing more eco-friendly solutions like Green Cell Foam.
1. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage companies can improve their sustainability efforts by adopting more eco-friendly packaging solutions like water-soluble packaging.
2. E-commerce - Online retailers can improve their sustainability practices by adopting more environmentally friendly packaging solutions.
3. Shipping and Logistics - There is an opportunity for businesses in the shipping and logistics industry to develop more sustainable shipping solutions that are eco-friendly.