Being able to look at oneself in a fitting room mirror is an important part of the process of buying clothes that helps consumers to visualize how their lives might be enhanced with a particular product. Over the past few years, there have been many futuristic fitting room concepts unveiled, along with high-tech try-on services and smart retail mirrors—but Amazon is now looking ahead by reinventing the humble fitting room mirror.
Amazon recently won a patent for a digital mirror that uses augmented reality to help shoppers see themselves in different settings. The patent describes a display placed behind a mirror, so that various images may be created to better set the scene for the try-on of garments of different styles. For instance, the blended reality mirror could show a sunny scene to show off summer apparel and accessories in their best light.
Amazon's Augmented Reality Mirror Patent Transforms the Try-On Experience
1. AR Fitting Room Technology - As AR technology advances, retailers can create immersive and personalized try-on experiences for customers, reducing returns and increasing sales.
2. Blended Reality Mirrors - Mirrors with displays behind them can create the illusion of different environments, allowing customers to see how a product looks in different scenarios.
3. Smart Retail Technologies - The integration of smart technologies into the retail experience can enhance customer engagement and satisfaction, while providing valuable consumer insights for retailers.
1. Fashion - AR fitting room technology and blended reality mirrors can revolutionize the fashion industry by creating interactive shopping experiences that improve product visualization and increase sales.
2. Retail - Smart retail technologies that incorporate augmented reality and other immersive technologies can enhance the in-store experience, increasing customer loyalty and sales.
3. Technology - The development of AR technologies and new applications like blended reality mirrors can open up new innovation opportunities for businesses in the technology industry, including hardware and software development.