German fashion label Hugo Boss has announced the launch of its 'PictoFit Mirror,' a new augmented reality device designed to allow customers to try on thousands of the brand's products virtually. The new technology will automatically tailor all of the clothing pieces to the shopper's physical dimensions to ensure that they can test out true-to-life sizing.
The mirror-like technology was developed by design studio Reactive Reality, which set out to create a retail solution that could mimic the experience of trying on clothes in-store. To use the PictoFit Mirror, shoppers will be required to create a digital avatar of themselves by inputting their specific body dimensions.
To start, Hugo Boss' PictoFit Mirror will only be offered at the brand's retail locations in the United Kingdom.
Image Credit: HUGO BOSS
Hugo Boss Launches New VR Try-On Tool, the 'PictoFit Mirror'
1. Virtual Try-on Tools - Using augmented reality technology to try on products without physically being there.
2. Digital Avatars - Creating personalized digital representations of customers to enhance the shopping experience.
3. Tailored Sizing - Automatically adjusting clothing pieces to a customer's physical dimensions for accurate try-ons.
1. Fashion - Innovative virtual try-on tools enhance the try-on experience of customers shopping for clothing.
2. Retail - Augmented reality try-on mirrors bring a unique shopping experience to physical stores, driving foot traffic and sales.
3. Technology - Developing and improving augmented reality technology for retail applications can open up new opportunities for innovation and growth.